The 2nd annual SCWC Notable Book Awards will be honored in February, 2021 at the Southern Christian Writers Conference Book Expo Award Ceremony and will recognize outstanding books from the previous year in fiction and nonfiction that have been traditionally and self published. Three finalists in each category will be announced on Jan. 15.
The contest is now officially OPEN, with the deadline for submission is Dec. 10.
1. Books must have been published in 2020.
2. Books don't have to be published by a religious publisher, but they should be inspirational and reflect a Christian mindset.
3. Books can be entered in any of these categories: Fiction (traditionally published), Fiction (self-published), Nonfiction (traditionally published), and Nonfiction (self-published). Books can be geared toward any audience (adult, young adult, children).
4. A submission fee of $15 must be included with each entry. (Can be paid by Venmo payment app to @SCWC-Conference; by credit or debit card; or by check.)
5. Contest is open to all authors (no requirement to have attended SCWC events).
6. The winners will receive a small cash prize, free entry to the 2022 Book Expo, and promotional material announcing their Notable Book Award win to use as they like.
Mail your book, entry fee (if paying by check), and the following information to SCWC, PO Box 3057, Hueytown AL 35023.
Name: Email address: Phone number: Category entering: A committee of judges decides the winners on the following criteria: (1) writing quality, and (2) meaningful message. GOOD LUCK, and we can't wait to receive your entries.
Last year's SCWC Notable Book Award finalists and winners (in bold) were:
Mind of Mine, by C.F.E. Black (Illuminate YA)
* Murder in the Family, by Ramona Richards (Firefly Southern Fiction)
Off-Script Over-Caffeinated, by Kaley and Rhonda Rhea (Bold Vision Books)
* The Girl I Left Behind, by Stephanie Bain
The Rescue, by Tanya Eavenson
Dark Days on the Fairest Isle, by Judith Nembhard
* The Ground Kisser, by Thang Du'o'ng Boyer with Lisa Worthey Smith (Winged Publications)
The Wayward Way, by Taylor Field (New Hope Publishers)
Life-Giving Choices, by Lucinda Secrest McDowell (New Hope Publishers)
Because of Whose I am: A Nazi's Daughter, by Helga Allison with Kathleen Jones
* [Un]Intentional, by Doug Smith
God's Extravagant Grace for Extraordinary Grief, by Lettie K. Whisman
We can't wait to recognize another group of outstanding books and authors this year! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about the awards.